To benefit the public by providing financial and volunteer support to the Morro Bay Library
The Morro Bay Friends of the Library Bookstore is open and well-stocked with high quality books and media for reading, listening, watching and gift giving.. Volunteers are busy every day putting new items onto shelves including like-new hardbacks, paperbacks, CDs, DVDs, Books on CD and current magazines. Prices are mostly $1 with some select items up to $4. Library-themed book bags and T-shirts are $10 and $15. Exact payment is needed as library staff does not handle money or make change. A special donation from Gordon Lu (Lu Chi Fa) of the now closed Coffee Pot Restaurant is also for sale. An inscribed copy of his most recent book, My Good Fortune: Memoir of a Chinese Orphan’s Success in America, along with a coffee mug from his beloved restaurant is packaged together, gift wrapped with a bow and available for $4. Until larger Book Sales can be safely held, the Bookstore serves as the Friends of the Library’s main fundraiser with all revenues going to support library needs and programs. Please consider donating good quality books, media and current year’s upscale magazines at the library anytime during open hours.
MBFOL is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Click the button above to donate with any credit card
through PayPal or download
our mailable donation form here
Morro Bay Library Information:
625 Harbor St.
Morro Bay CA 93442
The library is open Tuesday thru Saturday 9am – 5pm and is closed Sunday/Monday. Facemasks are required if not fully vaccinated (although we must follow current San Luis Obispo Health Department guidelines – check with slolibrary.org for current policy). In person programs are still to-be-determined with the exception of the book discussion group which meets outside on the patio the first Wednesday of the month. Newspapers are back and there are many virtual programs available. There is limited seating and a one hour limit use per day for the public internet computers.
BOOK DONATION GUIDELINES
PLEASE NOTE, WE CANNOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
- Damaged, torn or highlighted materials
- Any item with mold, mildew or that has previously been wet
- Any item with missing pages or pages that have been clipped
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Encyclopedia sets over 10 years old
- Books on Cassettes
WE WILL HAPPILY ACCEPT:
- All other books, hardbacks and paperbacks, in Good condition including
- Children’s books
- Large Type books and large type magazines
- DVDs, CDs, Books on CD in GOOD condition
- Older, rare, or unusual books and classic titles
- News magazines- CURRENT MONTH ONLY
- Most other magazines – 6 months or newer
- The following titles – 5 years or newer:
- Architectural Digest
- Craft magazines
- Food magazines like Gourmet, Cooking Light & Vegetarian Times
- Home decorating titles
- Martha Stewart titles
- Science titles
Thank you for supporting the Library and the Friends of the Library! If you would like a donation receipt, please ask at the Library Desk.