The Morro Bay Friends of the Library was founded 30 years ago by an activist group of volunteers. Our Purpose is to:
- establish and maintain an association of persons interested in libraries
- Focus attention on Morro Bay Library branch needs
- Support and cooperate with the county, city and state to enhance library services and facilities
- Stimulate gift, endowments and bequests.
The MBFOL has about 500 members, making us one of the largest Friends’ groups in SLO County!
Current Morro Bay Friends of the Library Membership levels
Individual Lifetime $250.00
Print the membership form by clicking on any level of support, then mail it in with a check or bring it into the Morro Bay Library.
How your membership supports the Morro Bay Library
- Money raised is spent to ensure a current collection of books, DVDs, CDs and magazines.
- Funds raised go to our many Library programs for children and adults, including reading, technology tutoring, special guests and others.
Membership includes the following benefits
- Lunch at our annual membership meeting in November
- Early entry into the library’s book sales
- Knowing you are supporting a community resource: your library!